Docs For The Pabbly Connect Integration Testing Team
The following is a guide on how to test OnlineCourseHost.com integration with Pabbly.
We are going to show in this guide how to test all our Pabbly Triggers and Actions using test accounts and a test credit card.
The Test Accounts That You Will Need
To test the integration you are going to need two accounts on the OnlineCourseHost.com platform:
- an admin account integration-testing@Pabbly.com, simulating the admin user that is setting up the Pabbly integration in our platform, which is usually a course creator selling online courses using our platform
- a student account Pabblyemail@example.com, used to simulate a student purchasing a course from a course creator using a test transaction (with a test credit card, not real money)
Note: the student account Pabblyfirstname.lastname@example.org is the only account guaranteed to allow you to use a test credit card (not real money). If you create other accounts on the website, they will not accept test cards.
We provided the passwords to those two accounts when the integration was submitted for review.
Contact us at email@example.com in case you no longer have the credentials for those accounts.
You can request access to our company Slack, and ask any questions you have to the development team.
You can sign in with the above test accounts here in your test subdomain, which you are going to be using to test our Pabbly integration: https://Pabbly-tests.onlinecoursehost.com/courses
To quickly do the tests, we recommend signing into one browser as an admin and using another browser as a student.
For example, you can use Chrome for the admin user and Firefox for the student user. This will speed up your tests and prevent having to constantly log in and log out.
First, sign in with your admin account integration-testing@Pabbly.com and grab your Pabbly authentication integration token.
Read here for how to grab your token and authenticate with Pabbly: Where to find your integration token.
New Email Lead Trigger
This trigger is fired when a user or prospect subscribes to your newsletter, using any of the lead generation newsletter forms on your course website.
Steps To Test ( here is a video )
- Set up a simple Workflow between OnlineCourseHost.com and Google sheet with the New Email Lead trigger
- Log in to the test website https://Pabbly-tests.onlinecoursehost.com/courses using Pabblyfirstname.lastname@example.org, simulating a student
- Click on Newsletter from the top menu.
- Enter an email address and subscribe.
- Upon subscription, the trigger will be fired and you should see a new entry on your Google Sheets.
New Student Account Trigger
This trigger is fired when a user creates a new account on your course website.
Steps To Test ( here is a video )
- Set up a simple Workflow between OnlineCourseHost.com and Google sheet with the New Student Account trigger
- Log out of your course website
- Click on Login and then click on sign up on your test website https://Pabbly-tests.onlinecoursehost.com/courses
- Enter the details to create a student account on your test website; alternatively, you can sign up with a Google account. You can use any Gmail or other free email that you have, but this needs to be a complete
- If you want to reuse an email that you already used in a previous test, you can sign in as an admin to your test website and go to Admin => Settings => Manage Students and delete an already existing student account
- Once the account is created on your test website, you should see a new entry on your Google Sheet
Course Enrollment Trigger
This trigger occurs whenever a student gets enrolled in a course. For example, this trigger is going to be called whenever the user purchases your course using Stripe or Paypal.
Steps To Test (here is a video)
- Set up a simple Workflow between OnlineCourseHost.com and Google sheet with the Course Enrollment trigger
- Log into your course website with the Pabblyemail@example.com student account we provided to you.
- It's important that you use this exact account because this account is configured to support test transactions
- Click on the course landing page, and purchase it: https://Pabbly-tests.onlinecoursehost.com/courses/Pabbly-test-course, this will simulate a course purchase and enrollment
- To purchase the course, enter the following test credit card:
- any email
- 4242 4242 4242 4242 alternating 4 and 2 digits until the box is filled in
- any date in the future
- any CVC 3-digit number
- Any country
- Click pay
- You will be redirected to the course page, and the purchase will be completed.
- If you need to redo this test, you will have to log in to your course platform with your admin login detail provided to you and remove the course from the student. (see screenshot below)
- To remove a course from a student: Admin >> Manage Student >> Click the student >> Delete course
- After removing the course from the student, you will be able to repurchase the course again with the same student, after refreshing. This will allow you to test the trigger multiple times if needed.
Enroll Student Action
The Enroll Student Action allows you to enroll a student automatically from a third-party platform into your OnlineCourseHost.com platform.
Steps To Test (here is a video)
- Set up a simple Workflow between Gmail and OnlineCourseHost.com.
- The idea is to kick in the Enroll Student Action when a new email is received in a mailbox with the subject "Create an account"
- In response to this email, an account should be created on OnlineCourseHost.com, and the student with that new account will be automatically enrolled and granted access to one of the courses
- The email address of the received email should be picked by the Enroll Student action
- Please enter any Name, and give a password for the new student that will be enrolled.
- To test this Workflow, make sure that there aren't any students using the same email for which you are trying to create an account
- Send an email to your email box, with the subject "Create an account"
- Once the Workflow detects the email, an account should be automatically created on OnlineCourseHost.com, and you should have received an email with your credentials and a sign-in link
- sign-in to the platform using the credential received on your email, and confirm that indeed your student account has access to the course
And with this, you should have been able to test all our Triggers and Actions.