How to customize the website footer?
The footer, which is the final section of every page of your website, helps your students navigate and find information.
In this tutorial, I will show you how to customize your website footer on OnlineCourseHost.com.
You’ll learn how to:
- Adding legal documents
- Customizing website footer
- Adding several menu sections in the footer
- Customizing footer color
The Admin Settings allow you to customize the footer of your website
1. Go to Admin => Settings and locate the General tab.
NOTE: Keep this window open because it is where all the tasks regarding customizing the website footer take place.
A legal document by definition is one that outlines an agreement between two or more parties that has been signed by mutual assent and in all other respects can be relied upon in court.
In this case, it is a legal document between you and users who sign up for your courses in Onlinecoursehost. It is specific to your website and viewable by the users in the "Legal Documents" section of the footer at the bottom of every page.
Here, you can upload three types of legal documents:
- Terms of Service
- Legal Disclosure
To learn how to upload legal documents kindly click here.
CUSTOMIZE WEBSITE FOOTER
In this section, I will show you how to:
- Upload the footer logo
- Choose the footer color
- Enter Copyright test
- Add social media links and
- Customize footer links
Upload footer logo
1. Scroll down to locate Customize Website Footer.
2. Click on the red arrow pointing up, under Upload Footer Logo
3. Select your logo from your computer and upload it.
NOTE: Your footer logo should appear like this across your website:
NOTE: If you do not already have a logo, you have two options right now. You can create it yourself using one of the following free online logo-making sites:
Or hire a designer to create it for you. I recommend you outsource this to a skilled designer because your logo WILL play a central role in your brand now and in the future.
Once you have your logo, adding it to your course footer site inside OnlineCourseHost.com is simple.
Choose footer color
1. Under Customize Website Footer, locate Choose Footer Color.
NOTE: To make your brand look more premium, go for darker primary colors and pastel secondary colors.
To learn more about branding and colors, read this post: Create a Powerful Brand for Your Online Courses (In 5 Steps)
2. To choose your brand colors you can either type in the color codes if you have them
Note: The color codes you see at first glance are the default colors, which you can always change by deleting and typing in yours.
or find the perfect tone using the color picker:
Want to know more about color codes, read this post from Computerhope.com: HTML color codes
3. For the sake of this tutorial, I choose the blue color.
This color automatically applies to the footer of your website. Here is an image for more clarity:
Enter Copyright Text
Copyrighting is an excellent way to protect the original works on your site and keep people from claiming your work as their own.
It guards against plagiarism in your work. Anyone who copies or reproduces your work without your permission is subject to legal action.
1. Under Customize Website Footer, locate Copyright Text.
2. Type in your copyright text. An example is shown in the image below:
3. Click on Save to save your copyright text
Add Social Media Links
Your website's online profile and ranking in search results will be improved by linking your social media accounts to your website, making it easier for students to find and choose your course.
In this section, I will show you how to link your social media platforms to your website. To do this:
1. Under Customize Website Footer, locate Social Media Links.
Note: The social media links you can paste here include:
2. Choose the Social media account you want to connect to your website and paste the link. An example is shown for Facebook. Click Save when done.
NOTE: You can repeat the same steps for other social media accounts that are yours.